As soon as I saw him I knew I had to know more about him. Besides having the best uniform, Hubertus von Hohenlohe, Mexico’s only athlete at the Winter Olympics, turns out he’s quite a character full of surprises.
- He’s a 55 year old German prince whose grandfather, Kaiser Franz II, was the last Holy Roman emperor. He was born in Mexico, that’s why he can represent the country
- He is fluent in five languages
- An artist himself, he befriended Andy Warhol at Studio 54
- He is the heir to an automobile fortune. His father introduced Volkswagen into Mexico
- He is a musician who has put out eight records so far, including this 2013 track “Higher Than Mars”
- He will be the second-oldest winter Olympian in history when he hits the Sochi slopes in his mariachi-inspired uniform.
An utter disaster for “traditional” opposition politics. On Tuesday 28 Jan 2014, Helen Zille and Mamphela Ramphele share a public platform to announce that Ramphele would be the Democratic Alliance’s presidential candidate. By Sunday, Zille accuses Ramphele for renaging on the deal. Obviously certain questions has not been answered before rrushing into the announcement.